Which Records are protected?
Photo, social security number, driver’s license number, name, address, phone number, medical information, and disability information.
If you have access to it, what can you get (depending on the country)?
- Driver’s name, date of birth and postal address;
- Driver’s License Class, Confirmation and Restriction;
- Current SIM status and validity period;
- suspension or revocation of driving license; Accidents and penalties for traffic violations.
- Some states have social security numbers on record
- Registration summary includes vehicle details, registrant’s name and mailing address, and registration expiration date.
- A title summary including vehicle details, vehicle owner’s name and address, and current arrest details.
In relation to requesting an accident report from the DMV, you must provide valid reasons and evidence to file your request, e.g., for example.:
- involvement in the incident.
- Stated in the accident report or authorized representative.
- Assess the accident.
- Use of accidents by government means for statistical surveys.